My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://www.ledger-enquirer.com/bulldogs-blog/
and update your bookmarks.

Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Second day Jittery Joe's

First off, I hope you bear with me this first week as I get settled down and get my bearings. I plan to offer morning links and all the good stuff David did, but at the moment the good people at the cable company haven't seen fit to install my home Internet yet. So at the moment I'm making use of the wireless at Jittery Joe's.

(Not that I'm calling out the cable company or anything. I mean, it was only a two-hour window, so what if they were two hours later. Clearly it was Mark Richt's fault for holding practice at a time that was inconvenient for the cable company.)

But anyway ...

I had a solid first day, other than the wireless. Here's a link to my morning story on Aaron Murray, and also to the notes.

A quick non-sports, but Georgia-related, note: I wake this morning to news that the University of Georgia has been rated the top party school in these United States, according to Playboy - no wait, Princeton Review.

First reaction: What do people at Princeton know about partying? (Apologies to my friend Amy, a proud graduate of there. Wait, she's not reading this blog, never mind.)

Second reaction: I hope Princeton Review was more methodical in its research than Playboy when it was compiling its list in the late 1990s. I was in the offices of my campus' student newspaper, at Maryland, when Playboy called. They spoke to a colleague - I think he was a colleague, I didn't recognize him, but he answered the phone. I overheard Playboy ask him a series of questions, and that was apparently their dutiful research: To call the campus newspaper and ask a random person what the party scene was like on a Tuesday night.

But I digress ...

Practice today is at 3 p.m. - that's eastern time for those of you in Guam who were thinking of making the trip. Shorts and helmets. We'll have stories and notes on the blog, in tomorrow's paper, and all that good stuff.

17 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm guessing you're waiting on Charter to install your Internet...good luck...

Welcome to Athens! Looking forward to keeping up w/ the blog.

GreenDawg said...

The Princeton Review is a company in New York, not really the university. And Princeton Review's "research" is an email survey that get's filled out by maybe a couple hundred students at each University. Not exactly the most scientific of evaluations, but then again it's a ranking of partying.

Looking forward to reading the blog in the future. You seem to be continuing David's good work, and that is just fine by me.

Unknown said...

Charter is the worst cable company in America. Has to be--bad service, high prices, very few HD channels. Enjoy.

Robert said...

Charter is terrible!

Try the Crackuccino at Jitter Joes. It'll get you goin.

Carter said...

Seth,

Is your home compatible with Direc TV or Verizon Fios? If so, cancel Charter before its too late.

Bourbon Dawgwalker said...

I am shocked, SHOCKED, to hear that Charter's service is terrible. Drop them and get a dish if at all possible.

Greight said...

What part of Athens are you living in?

Dawg19 said...

Charter can't be worse than Cox Cable in middle Georgia. They still refuse to add CSS.

And wasn't it Playboy that named Mercer University as the #9 party school back in the 80's?

Yeah, right...

Even Kirk Herbstreit said Georgia was #1 for best looking co-eds. Where there are good parties, there are ALWAYS good-looking women...

opsomath said...

Charter sucks, kick them to the curb if you can figure any way to do it.

Also, which Jittery's do you frequent? I darn near live at those places, I'll buy you a welcome coffee if I see ya.

Unknown said...

Any word on whether or not Murray is still wearing a glove on his throwing hand? I'm really scared of him losing a game with a silly glove on.

Anonymous said...

I think Murray has had enough of silly glove songs.

Anonymous said...

Seth, we'll give you a few days to get settled in, but we like to have a quick post practice report where possible. Who's in green, anything you noticed. Looking forward to your work.

Anonymous said...

Don't listen to the anon above.

Anonymous said...

I was going to let you know that Charter is good for nothing, but it seems as though the crusade has already begun... BTW I just moved to Baltimore to attend UMB Law School, being as you are from the area any tips? local joints I should frequent?

Beak said...

That was back when Mercer didn't even go to school on Thursdays, I believe

Anonymous said...

I was coming on here to comment about how awful charter is. I'm so glad everyone else coming on here to blast them.

Anonymous said...

Charter is cursed by all, you will come to know this as truth.