My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://www.ledger-enquirer.com/bulldogs-blog/
and update your bookmarks.

Friday, August 13, 2010

Foley, Meyer and Donovan weigh in

Jeremy Foley hired Greg McGarity nearly two decades ago at Florida. Here's what the Gator athletics director had to say, in a statement released after McGarity's hiring as Georgia's A.D.:

"Greg has been an invaluable asset to our organization over the years. He has been involved in the day to day operations of our department and has been by my side every step of the way - from hiring coaches, to budgets, facility planning and event management, he has been a key component of our success. Greg is extremely loyal and has great vision for the future.

"More than anything Greg is one of my most trusted and closest friends. He has meant much more to me than an employee. Greg is family and we wish him the very best."

Florida football coach coach Urban Meyer called McGarity a "tremendous asset" to the team:

"I remember first meeting Greg when Jeremy flew out to talk to me about the Florida job. He was involved in every discussion with Jeremy and our family and I could tell right away that Greg played a pivotal role in the athletic department. I could also see that his relationship with Jeremy and others in the athletic department went beyond the professional level. He was very well liked and respected among his co-workers. Greg always found a way to get things done, but he did it in a very personable manner."

And not to be left out, men's basketball coach Billy Donovan:

"I'm elated for Greg and his family that he is getting a chance to not only direct a first-class athletic department, but in essence, to go home. I've known Greg for 15 years, he was involved in my hiring at Florida, and has been someone I've always had great respect and admiration for.

"I echo the sentiments of everyone here in wishing he and his family the best in Athens and we will certainly all miss him. Georgia has made a fantastic hire."

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice comments from all involved with the Gators

Andy said...

What Urban really meant: "It was a bad deal. It will forever be in the mind of Urban Meyer and in the mind of our football team. We'll handle it, and it's going to be a big deal."