My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://www.ledger-enquirer.com/bulldogs-blog/
and update your bookmarks.

Saturday, August 21, 2010

Richt post-practice

Georgia got through a slight drizzle at practice on Saturday morning. They'll have fan and picture day later in the day.

The Bulldogs have two weeks to go in practice. They’ll have one more fundamental practice on Monday, then Tuesday break into scout teams.

Head coach Mark Richt was asked about being No. 23 in the AP poll, which came out in the morning.

“Exactly the same quote as the coaches poll, which is that I am, I’m thankful that we’re ranked," Richt said. "It’s important that we’re ranked. And I hope we play well enough to move up.”

- Vance Cuff just dinged his shoulder. The cornerback “ran into Bruce Figgins really hard. It looked like Cuff was the one delivering the blow, which he was. … But Bruce is still in a red jersey and Cuff is in a green jersey.”

- ILB Mike Gilliard (hamstring) was back in white.

“I don’t think he had any setback,” Richt said.

- And some talk of the secondary. Richt described it as some secondary guys with a linebacker’s mentality.

“I like the secondary. I like what I’m seeing,” Richt said. “I think we have some quality depth. I think we have some quality starters. And we’re still not sure who’s gonna start there.”

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

And some talk of the secondary. Richt described it as some secondary guys with a linebacker’s mentality.

“I like the secondary. I like what I’m seeing,” Richt said. “I think we have some quality depth. I think we have some quality starters. And we’re still not sure who’s gonna start there.”

Music to my ears...........