My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://www.ledger-enquirer.com/bulldogs-blog/
and update your bookmarks.

Friday, August 13, 2010

News conference called

Dateline ... Athens: We have a press release from the University of Georgia. It reads:

"University of Georgia President Michael F. Adams will discuss the status of the search for the next UGA director of athletics during a news conference today (Aug. 13) at 4 p.m."

(It then goes on to say where media members can find parking.)

Meanwhile, the UGA Athletic Board has called a special meeting for 3 p.m.

It's expected that Greg McGarity will be approved as the new A.D. at the 3 p.m. meeting, then introduced at 4 p.m.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Whoa, now... parking? At the University?

I think we need to see what the rest of this e-mail says... This could be potentially valuable information.

Anonymous said...

Did the release say the parking cost $20.00? Be prepared for it.

BigMuddyDawg said...

All this talk of parking reminds me of my freshman year when I lived in Russell and how thrilled I would be when I could find a parking spot that was only a mile or so away from the dorm. I think it finally dawned on me around then that I probably didn't need to drive anywhere since I was already walking everywhere rather than give up that sweet spot my car was in a mile away...