My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://www.ledger-enquirer.com/bulldogs-blog/
and update your bookmarks.

Monday, October 25, 2010

Walsh works on his kicking

Georgia kicker Blair Walsh thinks he may have diagnosed why he’s been missing field goals lately.

His extra point miss, on the other hand, well that was just a bad kick.

All three of Walsh’s missed field goals this season, including a 47-yarder on Saturday, came from the right hash mark. So the junior thinks he was over-compensating.

“I didn’t want to end up hooking the ball,” Walsh said. “So I was trying to keep it straight, and I just kept it too straight and not enough left.”

Walsh said he went out earlier than usual for a Monday, kicking 30 or 40 balls from the right hash.

As for the missed PAT, Walsh said he hit it cleanly, but it went left and he knew right away he had missed it. He said it was his first extra-point miss since a high school all-star game.

“I was bound to miss one eventually,” Walsh said. “I hope I won’t miss another one before my career is done.”

Walsh still leads the SEC in field goal percentage. And the Florida native, who was wearing a Jacksonville Jaguars visor on Monday night, is ready to make amends this Saturday.

“I didn’t have a good week at all last week,” he said. “It’s unacceptable and I’ll fix it, and I’ll come back out this week. I’m just glad it didn’t happen this (coming) week.”

2 comments:

Bryan said...

Good to hear, because I have a feeling that field goals will be crucial this weekend.

Willb said...

We have possibly the best punter, kicker, and kickoff return man in the history of the dawgs playing right now. All of them are juniors and will probably be back next year too.

People always say things like things like this will never happen again. We'll I think in this case that very well might be true.