My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://www.ledger-enquirer.com/bulldogs-blog/
and update your bookmarks.

Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Charles: 'We're p----d off'

Tight end Orson Charles isn’t leaving any doubt how he – or, he claims, allhis teammates – are feeling about Georgia’s 1-4 start.

“We’re pissed off,” Charles said Wednesday. “That’s our thing right now. We’re pissed off right now. We’re 1-4. We’ve got a lot of fans saying this, a lot of fans saying that. And I mean, we just want to make everybody happy. We want to be happy.

“We’re tired of walking around the locker room, quiet, coaches yelling at us all the time for no reason, because we’re losing. So we’re just going out there and to get our respect back. We’re pissed off right now.”

And just to be clear:

“I’m speaking for everyone at Georgia,” Charles said.

There hasn’t been a singular fiery speech by one player, the tight end added, because everyone feels the same way.

“We can’t change the past,” Charles said. “We’ve gotta move forward. The main thing is we’ve gotta stick together.”

Charles said he has also detected a difference in head coach Mark Richt, who on Wednesday night had to answer a question of whether he was fighting for his job. Publicly, Richt has remained rather even-keel, but in practice it’s apparently been a different story.

“I noticed he was kind of hyped when it came down on Monday, and everybody started hitting,” Charles said. “He was a little jumpy. We started getting hyped. And coach was in it. That was what we really needed.”

Richt called a full-pads practice on Monday, the first time he had done so two days after a game in his 10 years at Georgia. Charles said the players approved.

“I felt like we needed it,” Charles said. “Like coach Richt said, camp was a little lighter than usual. To tell the truth, it put a lot of energy around the locker room. Everybody was ready to go. Everybody when in the training room and got taped. So you knew everyone was really excited.”

So people felt like it was about time, and that it was needed?

“Oh yeah,” Charles said. “Oh yeah.”

19 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hope they take it out on Tenn.

Anonymous said...

How pi$$ed off does that article make you? You're finally mad? Laid back camp? Do you think AL, FL or OSU have laid back camps?

Jon P said...

Enough with the anonymous posts. That is getting old. You are what is the problem because there is no accountability.

BullyMack said...

Granted this is the time of week I finally forget about last week and get excited about the prospects of this coming week. The whole state is glad they are pissed. They should be!! I'm glad the coaches are chewing some backside too. You would think the chip on their shoulder would be huge by now given how our program and coaches have been run down lately. Maybe we finally piece it together, play with an edge and take Tenn to the woodshed. Trust me Orson, all real Dawg fans want you to suceed and get this train rolling. This Dawg is 100% behind you. We all know there is only one way to earn respect though. Whip somebody's tail and give yourself, the 92k+ in Sanford and the great state of GA something to cheer about. Pretty please? Go Dawgs!

Jon said...

From a UGA grad living in TN, PLEASE turn it around this weekend.

lostdawg3 said...

I'm with you Bully! I'll be out on Sanford Drive bright and early to get the music up loud and try to hype up the fans. It's time for the real Dawg fans to step it up and shut the mouths of all the negitive numb nutts! GATA!

Jon P said...

Who cares about anonymous posts? "You are what is the problem because there is no accountability." You think because I make up a name that you automatically know who I am? Accountability, give me a break. In fact, I can put in your name.

Anonymous said...

Jon P, you're an idiot!

They are just getting mad and pi$$ed off? This blows my mind! Top programs make their success in the off-season. We seem to think that we can make ours during the season. It's too late boys. Summer sweat = Fall Success! We didn't do that this summer and it shows on the field.

Anonymous said...

Just thought I'd make an anonymous post to create a problem so we can shift our anger from the poor performance on the field to those the hide behind anonymity.

Wow - I feel better already.

me said...

Just to be clear, I'm not going to hide behind 'Anonymous.' Anything I post is directly attributable to me.

Word verification = pooppest

Ernest Hemingway said...

Jon P, just STFU. So what happens if you know someone's first name and disagree with a comment they post? How are you going to make them "accountable"?

You're not going to do anything, so stop posting moronic comments.

P.S. This isn't my real name, so no accountability! Sorry!

The Truth said...

Everyone should have been pissed off after last year? Everyone should have been pissed off after the MSU game? Now after the Colorado fiasco we're finally pissed. Let's see where this leads.

PTC DAWG said...

People are definitely TOUGHER on message boards. Some tough MF'ers out there.

Bizzaroneck said...

Jon P, you are just a loser. I'm with the anon. Why are they just now getting pissed off? I've been pissed off for the better part of two years over the state of our program and don't give me that crap that real dawg fans support their team and coach blindly. Real dawg fans aren't idiots and can see when a ship is sinking. That doesn't mean that I'm not out there every Saturday cheering the team on.

Anonymous said...

Hey Jon P WTF kind of sentence is "You are what is the problem because there is no accountability"?

You are what is - LMAO

Willb said...

I have a feeling that a lot of these post agreeing with anon are from the same person. I could post under a different name and agree with myself right after this. Maybe all these dumb ass fans are just the same person posting all over the place?

Willb said...

Oh wait, I'm the dumb ass.

Jon P said...

Am I Jon P or am I a big doobie....gosh I could be Willb oh can't you see! You folks hide behind your computer screen, thinkin' your some big bad machine. We canceled our match vs. the Ducks... cause everybody thinks our team sucks........

Anonymous said...

Anybody want a peanut?