My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://www.ledger-enquirer.com/bulldogs-blog/
and update your bookmarks.

Saturday, October 23, 2010

Fourth quarter blog

2:47 left in game, Georgia leads 44-25

Georgia needed a long drive, or a score, to remove all doubt. It got both, and you can finally put this one in the books.

Blair Walsh hits a 27-yard field goal to make it 44-26.

So in the past four games (assuming it's done scoring) Georgia has put up 41, 43 and now 44 points.

I'm heading down to the locker room, and will try to post something later.

10:52 left in fourth quarter

This is resembling a video game. Kentucky still won't go away, and it's a two-possession game with plenty of time left.

Chris Matthews scored on a long catch-and-run for Kentucky, which continues to have success against the Georgia secondary.

The Bulldogs had hoped their defensive backs had turned a corner the past few games, especially when it came to giving up big plays. But the troubles are back.

So it's back up to the Bulldog offense to take some time off the clock. Some Kentucky fans have left - enough to make Randall Cobb angry - but there are still a lot in here.

13:53 left in game, Georgia now leads 41-17

We are now in looking-up-records territory in this game.

Washaun Ealey's fifth touchdown of the game means:

1. Georgia has a commanding lead, and fans are heading to the exits. Even Randall Cobb may forgive them this time.
2. Ealey tied the school record for most touchdowns by a single player in a game. He's tied with Robert Edwards' performance against South Carolina in 1995.
3. Ealey now has the school record for rushing touchdowns in one game. Edwards held the previous record.
4. As far as I can tell, it's the first time Georgia has ever scored 40-plus points against three straight SEC opponents.

By the way, for all his touchdowns, Ealey still doesn't have 100 yards.

15 comments:

Bryan said...

Seems like Coach Lakatos has some extra coaching to do this week

Anonymous said...

What is with this defense. You get rid of WM and you get worse defense with paying more money.

Anonymous said...

KY was 9 for 14 on 3rd downs! Why are we so bad on 3rd downs? And it's not like it is 3rd and 1, those were 3rd and long most of the time.

Anonymous said...

Yeah, I'm pissed about the deep stuff. But, all the buzz ahead of this game said we had to contain Cobb. Mission accomplished on that one and it paid off.

Not a purdy as it could have been but a solid win.

Willb said...

Come on guys I know it wasn't pretty but if I told we would put up 40 plus in three straight sec games in wins you would of thought I was crazy.

Kentucky is actually a pretty good team and we just about blew them out. I think ga was just playing not to lose in the second half. Even right at halftime I thought we should of went for a fg. We could of beat this team much worse but for whatever reason richt just doesn't like to do that.

The stats definately don't tell the tale in this one! We blew this team out! Imagine if we were Kentucky fans. We wouldn't be thinking about how ga sucks cause we got a lot of third downs.

Anonymous said...

"Kentucky is actually a pretty good team and we just about blew them out."

"We blew this team out!"

Which one is it, Willb? You're an idiot.

Willb said...

Dude are you serious? Your calling me an idiot because I said we blew out Kentucky two slightly different ways?

You actually analyzed my little post just so you could nitpick little things out of it and call me an idiot? Everyone on the Internet thinks there a genius.....

Anonymous said...

"Everyone on the Internet thinks there a genius....."

It's "they're", FYI.

And don't worry, it wasn't just based on that post, but all of your posts.

Willb said...

Really, all my post? You actually read through all my post and then thought enough of them to tell me I'm an "idiot"?

What exactly about all of my post makes you think I'm an idiot? Don't give a little one sentence answer telling me I misspelled another word either. I would like you to give me a good explanation as to why from my few post here you think I am an idiot.

Don't get me wrong I could care less about your opinion on my small post in the comments section on a blog. It's just you seem so smart I'm sure you could tell me why I am such an "idiot". I mean your post are making you look very smart.

Anonymous said...

For real WillB, you might want to tone down on your posts a bit. You sound like you've been ordained by God to rally the Bulldog nation, when we actually can look at the positives ourselves, but in the mean time not forget our flaws that need to be fixed. I, for one, appreciate your enthusiasm, but it comes off as a bit naive most of the time. Then again, you're free to do whatever you want.

Anonymous said...

I agree with the last anon. post.

Anonymous said...

The same Anonymous poster posing as two or three different people is the true idiot.

And a sad and lonely idiot at that...

Willb said...

Wow sorry for being so positive anon. It seams all you hear on the internet is "fire this coach, and we sucked at that". Things aren't always as bad as many people act and I always try to see the positive in most things and if I see a negative I try to comment in a positive way. The Internet is a breeding place for people who have nothing but negative things to say.

I see the bad things just as good as anyone else. Trust me! It's just seems like there are enough people out there pointing out nothing but negatives and thats not me.

Also opinions are never wrong anon, and they definitely do not make anyone smarter than anyone else. The fact that you actually went out of your way to call me an "idiot" because you didn't agree with my opinion basically sums up most people on the Internet though.

Anonymous said...

I think you're a bit confused. I never called you an idiot, but the first anon did. I personally don't have a problem with your posts, just wanted to point out what some people might have issues with. Sorry about the confusion.

Willb said...

I don't have a problem with a bunch of you anon guys thinking I'm an idiot but I was kind of thinking what anon 1:00 said. Seems kind of funny there are two maybe three of you guys thinking the same thing about me and you all post under anon.

It's not as though I write this blog so I don't think there are that many people out there analyzing my few post here.

Kinda funny picturing that one guy posting as three different people though.