My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://www.ledger-enquirer.com/bulldogs-blog/
and update your bookmarks.

Wednesday, October 6, 2010

O-Line changes, Richt on coaching for his job, and more

After a poor start to the season, Georgia looks to be juggling its personnel on the offensive line, taking a redshirt off a freshman in the process.

Kenarious Gates, who has yet to play, was getting reps at first-team right guard. Trinton Sturdivant was at left tackle and Clint Boling was at right tackle.

But the Bulldogs are trying to be secretive about it.

“You noticed that?” head coach Mark Richt said after Wednesday’s practice, smiling, when asked about Gates. “Well then why don’t we tell Tennessee what we’re doing. That’s why I don’t like you guys out there sometimes.”

Richt appeared to be good-natured about it. After all, he did extend the media portion of practice on Monday for an extra five periods and 25 minutes.

Josh Davis, who would be displaced as the right tackle, was mum on the moves.

“No comment,” Davis said, with a slight grin. “I can’t talk about that.”

A few other quick notes:

- Richt was asked if he felt like he was coaching for his job right now. He didn’t want to get into it.

“You always are. I think you always are,” he said, then took a long pause before adding: I’m coaching my tail off though, I can tell you that.”

Richt was asked if that was fair, considering his success.

“Oh, I’m not getting into all that,” he answered. “There are only so many things I can control, and that’s what I’m working on.”

- Kris Durham has a 50-50 chance of playing against Tennessee, according to Richt. Durham missed the Colorado game with a pinched nerve in his neck.

- Marlon Brown is definitely out with a shoulder injury, but Richt didn’t appear worried that it would be long term.

- Richt indicated on the SEC teleconference that another player was hurt. But no more details were forthcoming.

“I said somebody was injured and I wasn’t going to tell who?” he said. “I forgot who it was.”

No comments: