My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://www.ledger-enquirer.com/bulldogs-blog/
and update your bookmarks.

Wednesday, October 13, 2010

The new Uga

I would have posted this item earlier, but, ironically, I was at the vet.

Uga VIII will be unveiled on Saturday just before the Georgia-Vanderbilt game, the school officially announced on Wednesday. The new mascot was chosen by the Seiler family, the longtime owners of the Bulldog line of mascots.

You can see a nice big picture of Uga VIII on the web site. (I'm not cutting and pasting it here because of copyright restrictions.) He was born on Sept. 12, 2009, and weighs 55 pounds. He's the grandson of Uga VI.

Uga VIII's registered (or original) name was "Big Bad Bruce" in honor of Dr. Bruce Hollett of UGA's School of Veterinary Medicine. (Where I was this afternoon, by the way. But Dr. Hollett was not my vet.)

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice lookin' dawg!

Link - http://imgur.com/X51cJ.jpg

The Cuatro said...

Born on the day of a UGA win (USCw). Nice.

Robert said...

DGD! Big Bad Bruce!

Unknown said...

BIG BAD BRUCE!!! THATS A DAMN GOOD DAWG!!!

Bourbon Dawgwalker said...

At the vet school? I feel sorry for your wallet.

CSA said...

Looks like he has a few brown "blemishes" on his ears from the pictures, which actually gives him a bit of character, and I like the way he looks, a bit leaner.

Anonymous said...

Damn good dawg, indeed.

Anonymous said...

"I wish I could do that."

"That dawg would bite yoooouu!!!"

Anonymous said...

I couldn't help but notice that he isn't completely white, like UGA's are apparently suppose to be. Never the less, it's a good looking bulldog.