My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://www.ledger-enquirer.com/bulldogs-blog/
and update your bookmarks.

Monday, October 11, 2010

King practices, but no further word

There was no word on Caleb King's status after Monday's practice, so the only thing we learned is the junior tailback did practice, after spending nearly six hours in jail earlier in the day.

"He was out there," said freshman Ken Malcome, who could have his redshirt taken off this weekend at Vanderbilt if King is held out. Carlton Thomas missed the Tennessee game with a hamstring.

When asked about King's status, Malcome said: "I'm not sure. Coach's decision."

Another tailback, Washaun Ealey, also deferred to Richt on King's status.

“I’m just gonna practice as if I have to take all the carries,” Ealey said. “I’ll practice as if I have to take on a big load on my back this week. Hopefully I can just go out there and be a team player and help my team to a win this week.”

Richt did not announce any discipline for King on his radio show. In three previous cases since August - arrests of Ealey, Alec Ogletree and Demetre Baker - Richt announced discipline the same day.

6 comments:

CSA said...

It's a tough situation, but I pray that it's no more complicated than deciding how many quarters of football Caleb must be suspended for. Give Carlton, Ealey (I can't understand his regression, he seemed so talented last season), and hell, give Malcome a chance too. Suspend Caleb for half a game against Vandy.

Anonymous said...

Like sands through the hourglass...

Anonymous said...

.....so are the days of our lives

Anonymous said...

"I’ll practice as if I have to take on a big load on my back this week."

Obviously, Washaun Ealey thinks Caleb King should be suspended.

Anonymous said...

I think I saw a movie about Ealey and King. Dumb and Dumber. Im going home to work with my 8 year old on taking handoffs and running the football. Since my 8 year old is smarter he might hold the edge to get the starting job at UGA. It is like we play the TB that looks less stupid each week.

BullyMack said...

Anon 8:55, I guess the fact you can hide behind your computer and criticize KIDS who are busting their tail on the field and in the classroom makes you the smartest guy in the room. You are a sad excuse for a Georgia fan and sound like the know-it-all idiot who sits behind everyone at the game and has all the answers. Trust me, nobody is impressed.