My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://www.ledger-enquirer.com/bulldogs-blog/
and update your bookmarks.

Saturday, September 4, 2010

Ealey will return ... but Green?

Georgia head coach Mark Richt once again refused to comment on the A.J. Green situation after Saturday's game.

"I'm just gonna do what I was told," Richt said. "And that was just don't make any comment on the A.J. Green situation. So in any way shape or form, I'm just gonna say no comment."

He wasn't asked any more about Green.

Richt did say that two suspended players - tailback Washaun Ealey and receiver Tavarres King - would return next week at South Carolina.

"Washaun I talked to, and he's basically done everything that I've asked for him to do," Richt said. "He had a very good attitude today and was in the game, and encouraging his teammates. And unless something stupid happens between now and the next ballgame, we'll be repping him to play."

Of King, who was projected to start opposite Green, Richt said: "He'll play."

7 comments:

CSA said...

This makes me slightly nervous that Green did have something to do with the investigation, but I wish they would just hurry it up and let the kid play. If not, suspend the guy. But don't torture him like this. NCAA needs to get it together.

Anyway, I hate to take attention away from what this team has done today. Almost got a shutout from a defense with a new attitude and had a new quarterback that, aside from a few rookie mistakes (that were going to happen at some point...better they happen against ULL), otherwise impressed the hell outta me. GO DAWGS!

Todd said...

The NCAA is a pathetic organization. How could they let this investigation go this long? Either Green is guilty or he isn't. If he isn't then shame on the NCAA for not letting him play. Letting this run up to the season opener is sickening. Shame.

UGA69Dawg said...

How does Alabama find out about their guy?? How does Ole Miss not only get a ruling but have time to appeal it? I'm concerned that our Pres and AD have zero clot with NCAA. Get it the heck over with already.

Anonymous said...

I will say this again. The young man is in trouble for selling signed jerseys. Go get the story Seth...good gosh.

Anonymous said...

I have seen you say this before about him selling jerseys. Where are you getting your info? I can't find anyone else who is saying anything about jerseys. Are you just trying to get another bad rumor started?

Anonymous said...

telling you what I've heard by someone close to the family. they told me he was put on a plane Thurs to speak with officials and told the same day he would not play on Sat. Seth's job to try and confirm

Anonymous said...

Come on Dawg fans... The NCAA is the governing body and if AJ had any involvement, the NCAA needs to get it right before they make a ruling. Our players just need to stay clean and the NCAA will will stay away. With all the recent investigations and arrests, its easier said than done... unfortunately. GO DAWGS!!!