My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://www.ledger-enquirer.com/bulldogs-blog/
and update your bookmarks.

Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Easy Being Green

It's probably a scary thought for opposing cornerbacks, but A.J. Green said last season was far from his best.

From the start of summer practice all the way through Georgia's bowl game, the freshman receiver played with a sore groin that slowed his breaks and kept him from maximizing his potential.

Now, for the first time in nearly a year, he's feeling back to normal, and he's excited to be using practice time to work on his game rather than rehab his injury.

"It's good, I'm 100 percent now," Green said. "I don't think (the injury) limited me game-wise, but practice-wise, not being able to go every day. Sometimes it would be bothering me, and I'd be missing out on reps that could help me."

While Green took the SEC by storm in his freshman campaign, he said the groin injury was largely a result of being unprepared physically for what life at the college level was like.

"I think it had a lot to do with me not being flexible enough," Green said. "But the trainers have me stretching every day before practice and after."

Becoming more flexible is just the tip of the iceberg for Green, however, and junior wide receiver Tony Wilson said he thinks Georgia's freshman phenom has a chance to be significantly better as a sophomore.

For all the accolades Green earned after leading the SEC in receiving in 2008, he's approaching this season as if he had to prove himself all over again.

"He still comes out to work every day just like every great player should," Wilson said. "He's one of those guys that never really let it get to his head. He always comes in with that mentality like he's got to get better every day, and he works like it every day."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

AJ Green @ 100%= SCARY