My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://www.ledger-enquirer.com/bulldogs-blog/
and update your bookmarks.

Sunday, April 12, 2009

G-Day Wrap-up

I'm about to head out the door to Augusta to cover the final round of the Masters (and, no doubt, Tiger's dramatic comeback), so I won't have time to write up a Hot Reads for this week. Still, there was plenty written about the action yesterday at Sanford Stadium, so here's a quick round-up of the G-Day coverage.

-- I led my coverage with the performances of the four quarterbacks, each of whom could take something positive from the game. Most impressive, in my opinion, was Logan Gray.

-- Speaking of the QBs, Mike Lough says there's no reason to worry about Joe Cox this season.

-- The running back battle was one we were all excited to see this spring, but the end result was simply that all of Georgia's tailbacks still have a lot of work to do.

-- The defense finished on a high note this spring.

-- Mark Bradley says there's a number of reasons to be optimistic about the Bulldogs following yesterday's final spring workout.

-- Georgia picked up two commits -- a Buford lineman and a safety from Florida -- for its 2010 class yesterday.

-- The Banner-Herald has some G-Day quotes from the participants.

-- And Chris Low wraps up the spring at Georgia with a nice piece on Mark Richt.

2 comments:

Ben Rockwell said...

That is a nice piece on Richt. I get impatient like other folks do when Saban and Meyer and Miles are winning titles right out of the gate, but a guy like Richt is a class-act who bring the program all-around respect.

William Neilson Jr. said...

People seem to want to jump off a cliff about Cox. I agree, I am not worried. But, I still think people are going to go after him if we lose either of the first 2 games