My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://www.ledger-enquirer.com/bulldogs-blog/
and update your bookmarks.

Friday, April 10, 2009

The Dynamic Duo: Deleted Scenes

Due to a combination of laziness and various non-blog responsibilities, I don't have any links for you today, but I did want to point out a story I have in today's Telegraph on Bryan Evans and Prince Miller. For the past three seasons, they battled each other for position on the depth chart at corner, but this year, both expect to be starters and both have grown into much-needed leaders in the secondary.

You can read the full story HERE.

I had a handful of quotes that didn't make the story, too, so I'm going to post them here as well.

Bryan Evans on he and Miller's new role as leaders...
"I think we both stepped up, just to show the freshmen that it starts with us. If we go out flat, that's when they're going to go out flat. They've got to see a pep in our step and feed off us, so I've tried to take that and run with it."

Evans on Miller's improvement at cornerback...
"I think Prince can do nothing but get better going against A.J. Green, one of the best receivers in the country. You're not going to see too many receivers like A.J."

Prince Miller on Evans' move to safety...
"I knew he wouldn't have a hard transition with knowing the defense. Just going from corner to safety, he knew where he was supposed to be. I just wanted to be there to help him with the transition. If he has an up day or a down day, I just wanted to be there for him like a friend is supposed to be."

Miller on what he expects from Evans this year...
"He's going to have an All-American season. You don't want to use potential, but that's what it is, and I believe he's going to do a lot of good things."

Brandon Boykin on Miller and Evans' relationship on the field...

"It's fun out there with them, but you can tell they have a good relationship. They take that relationship to all the DBs, and I think we're really becoming a family."

Boykin on the leadership Miller and Evans have provided...
"They have taken on that leadership role. When we're on the field, they're running to the ball, and that rubs off on the other guys. They see them doing it, and they want to follow that and not be the one standing out."

Boykin on how much Miller has helped him, specifically...
"He's helped me a lot, in the film room, on the field, even last year on special teams he was giving me tips on how to get past defenders and things like that."

Willie Martinez on Evans' development on the field...
"He's been very consistent. It's amazing how he's really come along as far as understanding our scheme. He's done a really good job of being consistent in executing the defense. Bryan has done a really good job of being positive and each and every day he's getting better and better and better with understanding it."

No comments: