My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://www.ledger-enquirer.com/bulldogs-blog/
and update your bookmarks.

Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Wednesday Links (3/25)

I know what you all have been thinking. You read the paper, you check the blog, but you say to yourself... why can't I get more David Hale?

OK, so no one has ever said that. But that doesn't mean I'm not willing to oblige. So, today you get a double-shot of Dave. I'll be chatting live at noon at macon.com/ugachat, and you can ask your questions any time between now and then. I'll chat for an hour (or until I run out of questions) and you can participate live or check back for the results later today. I'll also be on the brand new Bill Shanks show on WFSM-AM 1670 at 5 p.m. Be sure to tune in and listen to me sound like an idiot for 10 minutes or so.

Of course, my bread and butter remains steering you toward better reading materials around the Web, so let's get to it...

-- A.J. Green promises to up his game in 2009, so I'm promising to up my coverage of him. It begins with this story in today's Telegraph on the challenges and possibilities of Green's encore performance for the Bulldogs.

-- ESPN's Chris Low has a story up on the dot-com about Mark Richt's return to his roots this season.

-- Chattanooga's David Paschall writes that despite Ben Jones' impressive debut last season, Georgia's center isn't resting on his laurels -- not that Stacy Searels would let him anyway.

-- Athens Banner-Herald's Marc Weiszer writes that defensive tackle DeAngelo Tyson plans to play with attitude this year.

-- Battle Hymn Notes takes an intersting look at the difference between what fans expected from Matthew Stafford at Georgia and what he actually turned out to be.

-- Tired of just hearing about Lane Kiffin? ESPN lets you see him talking crazy, too.

-- The AJC has some updates on former Bulldogs: Thomas Brown has been medically cleared to return to the Falcons, while Odell Thurman was cleared of assault charges in Ohio.

-- The coaching rumors are flying faster than I can keep track, but the Associated Press bets that Georgia has its eyes set on someone with a team still playing in the NCAA tourney.

-- It's looking more and more like Georgia won't even take a swing at Anthony Grant before he heads to Alabama. There are three potential explanations for this: 1.) Preliminary contact with Grant's people let UGA know he wasn't interested; 2.) He was never on Georgia's radar at all (which I highly, highly doubt); or 3.) Damon Evans is very confident he's going to land an even bigger fish. In fact, I'd say Damon pretty much NEEDS to land a bigger fish now. If he lets Grant go to Alabama without an offer from Georgia, fans won't be very understanding if the Bulldogs end up with a lesser name.

-- Before we get too caught up in the next coach, however, the Red & Black's Fletcher Page writes a proper farewell to the guy who held the job for the past two months. Pete Herrmann may have had more Rs and Ns than Ws, but I must agree with Fletcher... coaches don't come much classier than Pete.

-- Bleacher Report compares Georgia basketball to a Geo Metro. I think its more like a rickshaw.

-- Regular-season college baseball games don't get much bigger than this one, even if Georgia was done in by an ugly inning at the hands of Wright State.

-- Ben Folds is releasing an album of covers of his songs performed exclusively by university a capella groups. UGA's With Someone Else's Money covers "You Don't Know Me."

-- For all your fans of "The Simpsons," the Onion's AV Club has a pretty cool interview with creator Matt Groening.

-- And finally, I missed this yesterday, but I definitely want to wish a happy 5th birthday to the daughter of the esteemed Bernie of Bernie's Dawg Blawg.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hale, you are the "cowbell" of the UGA sports media universe.

"Guess what? I've gotta fever... and the only prescription... is more David Hale."

David Hale said...

I definitely appreciate the compliment, Dog44, but I'm just like you... I put my pants on one leg at a time... Only, after my pants are on, I make gold records.

After this is over, we'll all be wearing gold-plated diapers.