My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://www.ledger-enquirer.com/bulldogs-blog/
and update your bookmarks.

Thursday, March 19, 2009

Thursday Links (3/19)

Busy day ahead of me today, with Pro Day festivities starting at 10, college hoops starting at noon, and hopefully my workday ending by 3 (although I'll be shocked if that's what happens).

Before we get to today's links, a few quick announcements:

-- I'm picking Memphis in all three of my brackets. It's just a gut feeling, and I couldn't bring myself to go with North Carolina or Pitt, although I think they are both better teams. My Final Four: Pitt, Louisville, Oklahoma and Memphis. Nothing too exciting, I know, but I have a feeling we're gonna see a lot of chalk this year. My first round upset picks: VCU over UCLA, Mississippi State over Washington (the only SEC team I have winning), Temple over Arizona State (one of two Philly teams I picked in Round 1), and Western Kentucky over Illinois (what I like to call the "Boost Georgia's RPI Bowl").

-- Not sure how many UGA students read the blog, but if you're in Grady, allow me to suggest voting for Georgia SID intern David Koonin for senate. He was required to make a YouTube video supporting his candidacy, and you may recognize the handsome fellow pretending to be media in the front row. Koonin '09: Change we can believe in!

-- There are plenty of things I miss about home -- Wawa, delicious cheesesteaks, good bagels, obnoxiously loud sports fans -- but right near the top of the list is Rita's Water Ice, the finest dessert treat known to man. Well, as it turns out, I don't need to miss it anymore. There's a new location in Athens at Timothy Crossing Plaza. First off, I cannot encourage you enough to go. Nothing puts a capper on a hot summer day like some Rita's water ice. I highly recommend the watermelon flavor if they have it, and a Cherry Misto is to die for. But, for those of you who don't want to just take my word for it (and seriously, why wouldn't you?) you can try it for free on Friday. Every year Rita's celebrates the first day of spring with a free small water ice for every customer -- so make the trip on Friday and I promise, you won't regret it. It's at 2080 Timothy Road in Athens.

-- In case you didn't notice the header on this page, I'll be Twittering live from Georgia's Pro Day today. This is likely to be a disaster of epic proportions since I have absolutely no idea why people are into Twitter in the first place, but I figure if it's good enough for Rep. Dennis Rehberg (R-MT), then it's good enough for me. Anyway, you can follow my tweets HERE.

Now, to today's links...

-- Caleb King sounds pretty confident in Tim Tucker's latest story over at the AJC.

-- Put the rumors to rest: Marc Weiszer has the smoking gun that says it was simply an altercation with a teacher that ended Dexter Moody's Georgia career.

-- Speaking of Moody, Michael "The Bull" Carvell talked to Mark Richt, who confirmed there were no restrictions on Moody's release from his scholarship -- meaning the linebacker could still end up in the SEC.

-- It's one thing to hear what Mark Richt and Tony Dungy had to say about being good dads, but as Roger Clarkson points out, it's another thing when you see the impact it has on guys like Tony Wilson.

-- DawgSports keeps you posted on Herschel Walker's progress on this season of "Celebrity Apprentice."

-- Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha. After you catch your breath, read this one, too. It makes it even funnier.

-- Get the Picture takes a break from Lane Kiffin to give some thoughts on the scandal at Florida State. Oh, don't worry, the Senator's still talking about Kiffin, too.

-- ESPN's Chris Low talks with Alabama's burly defensive lineman, Terrence Cody.

-- Georgia State was no match for Bryce Massanari and the Georgia Diamond Dogs, who continue to look sharp.

-- As if there was any doubt, Chip Towers confirms that Troy Brewer did, in fact, request his release from Georgia.

-- Finally, Larry Wayne Jones has begun a war of words with our neighbors to the North. Hey, I'll admit the weather isn't great, and yes, that Canadian beer is like moonshine, but come on... who can complain about the land of maple syrup, "Strange Brew" and Wayne Gretsky?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

David, you being such a big 'Lost' fan, I thought you would point out today that Hurley was wearing a Georgia Bulldog sweatshirt last night. Remember when Sawyer asked Juliete 'Where's my bulldog sweatshirt'. I know the actor that plays Sawyer is from Augusta, so maybe he's a fan and got that on the show.

David Hale said...

I actually linked to a screen capture of that last week... apparently Sawyer spent some time at UGA (though didn't graduate). And actually, I haven't watched last night's episode yet... hopefully between basketball games tonight though!