My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://www.ledger-enquirer.com/bulldogs-blog/
and update your bookmarks.

Wednesday, August 26, 2009

From the Mailbag: Sweet Dreams for Owens

A big thanks to all of you who have posted questions (both real, and the ones that are simply designed to make me laugh out loud) on Twitter for me to pose to your favorite Bulldogs. I have a handful that I've gotten answers to, so let's post one now...

@Brian_Perkins had this question for Jeff Owens: Has he imagined his first "real" play coming back from injury? How does he imagine it? Any lingering fear of reinjury?

I've actually talked to Owens, Vince Vance and Trinton Sturdivant about what coming back from the knee injuries are like -- not just physically, where each appears to be doing just fine, but mentally.

All three admit that there is always going to be some aprehension until they take that first hit and get through that first game. But as Owens said, none of that diminishes the excitement of getting back into the action.

As to imagining that first play, that's nothing new, he said.

"I daydream all the time about just playing," Owens said. "You've got to visualize playing, and I do that a lot. I'm always visualizing making that hit, making that sack, picking up that fumble and running it in and diving in. That's what all great players do."

1 comment:

Chuck said...

...running it in and diving in and getting a 15 yard penalty for diving in.