My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://www.ledger-enquirer.com/bulldogs-blog/
and update your bookmarks.

Friday, August 14, 2009

Friday Links (8/14)

Happy Friday, folks. Hope everyone has enjoyed the week and gotten a healthy dose of Georgia football news. I've got a bit of a good-news, bad-news announcement this morning for you.

I need to head out of town for a couple of days, so you won't be privvy to my keen observations again until Georgia resumes practice Tuesday. That's the bad news (or the good, depending on how much you like me, I guess).

The good news, however, is that you won't be without coverage. For one, I have several blog posts prepared to post in my absence, so hopefully that will give you something to surf through if you get bored at work today or Monday. More importantly, however, I have secured the services of two exceptional young reporters -- Tyler Estep and Fletcher Page -- to cover practice for me over the weekend and ensure that all the key developments during today and Saturday's sessions are noted on the blog, including prompt updates of stats from Saturday's second scrimmage.

So, ideally the coverage goes on uninterrupted and I'll return early next week without you ever really noticing I was gone. And, hopefully for me, I don't become the Wally Pipp of blogging after you've read Fletcher and Tyler's work for a few days.

I'll still be checking in, too, so if you have any problems, questions or concerns, you can shoot me an email or leave a comment here.

Now, a handful of links before I head to the airport...

-- Former Georgia defensive end Michael Lemon has finally found a home at NC State. Having talked to Michael, his coaches and his family, I couldn't be happier that the kid got a second chance at his dreams. We all make mistakes, but I think Michael has really learned his lessons.

-- Dancing in the End Zone has some thoughts on some interesting predictions by Scout about the potential of Georgia's offense.

-- Georgia Sports Blog and Tony Barnhart have thoughts on the top potential trap games in the SEC this season.

-- One of South Carolina's starting defensive tackles will miss the Georgia game while serving a chronic-related suspension.

-- The Oklahoman's Okie State blog has a Georgia primer posted for fans. I think they may be a little too focused on the wrong issues, but who am I to say? By the way, I came across this Okie State message board that had linked to my blog and I was entertained to see how the communications evolved.

-- Lots of good nuggets came out of Arkansas' two-a-days Thursday, and it doesn't sound like that defense is taking a big step forward just yet.

-- Eye on Sports Media talks directly with the SEC about the discussed policy that would ban video.

-- Karl Rove on "Family Guy"? I can't fathom what will happen in this episode.

-- After 12 years, you can finally watch the full unaired pilot of "South Park" online.

-- And finally, yes, Mike Vick is now a member of the Philadelphia Eagles. I like the move for the Birds. They don't need him to step in now, they have a veteran team around him, they have an offensive coaching staff creative enough to use him, and there's really very low risk to the signing -- but there's definitely a high reward. My guess is in the longrun, Vick makes a handful of plays all season but has no real significant impact one way or the other, but I think it's still a chance worth taking.

Besides, if DJ Shockley tells me Vick is a new man, I'm inclined to believe him.

No comments: