My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://www.ledger-enquirer.com/bulldogs-blog/
and update your bookmarks.

Friday, May 29, 2009

Harman Helps Georgia Past Okie State

From UGA Athletics...

Senior Brian Harman's putt on the 18th hole lifted the Georgia men's golf team to a dramatic 3-2 win over Oklahoma State on Friday in the quarterfinals of the NCAA Championship at the Inverness Club.

Harman defeated the Cowboys' Rickie Fowler 1-up with a four-foot birdie putt on No. 18. Moments earlier, Fowler's 8-foot birdie putt veered left at the last moment.

"That was unbelievable theater," Georgia coach Chris Haack said. "That was two of the best players in college golf; that was a clash of the titans. On the 18th tee box, Brian turned to me and said, 'I'm not ready to go home yet.' That was one of the guttiest performances I've ever seen."

"Rickie played great and I hung in there as best as I could," Harman said. "The last three holes, something got into me. You couldn't ask for a better finish. That was two really good teams going at it. I have a lot of respect for Oklahoma State and a lot of respect for Rickie Fowler."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great victory DAWGS. Keep it going.