My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://www.ledger-enquirer.com/bulldogs-blog/
and update your bookmarks.

Monday, August 4, 2008

Monday Links (8/4)

Happy first day of practice, everyone. I'll do my best to update the blog throughout the day, though I'm not sure how much Internet access I'll have. As a general rule of thumb, if there's an opportunity for technology to cause problems for me, it will. In any case, I'll have updates by late afternoon, and hopefully sooner.

In the meantime, here are a few links:

I wonder why everyone seems to have five questions about Georgia -- no one ever makes up a list of eight questions, or three. Regardless, here's five from the Savannah Morning News.

The AJC writes that Georgia begins practice eying a national championship. I would bet, however, Mark Richt is doing everything he can to make sure the Dogs are simply eying Georgia Southern. It's cliched, but my guess is most of these players won't be thinking national championship until they're actually playing for it.

The State's Seth Emerson -- who learned everything he knows about journalism at the Albany Herald -- writes that Georgia's emotions, inlcuding the TD celebration in Jacksonville, have fueled its rise to the top .

Chip Towers' update on the bar brawl that swept up Donavon Baldwin, Jeff Henson and Marcus Dowtin.

Just as a side note, I incorrectly noted that Baldwin had been arrested for his role in the brawl in my original post Saturday. This was incorrect. I could give you the excuse that I had just gotten to Athens, didn't have access to the police report, misread the news release or that I only had about 20 minutes to report and write the story. That's all true, and it's all unimportant. I screwed up. I'm sorry, and it won't happen again, I assure you.

The AJC's Mark Bradley compares Skip Caray to Larry Munson. I was lucky enough to meet Skip's dad, Harry, during a trip to Wrigley Field when I was 14. It's still one of the most exciting moments of my life. Sports fans grow an immense attachment to their teams' broadcasters -- they're there with us through the ups and downs, and in our living rooms dozens of times each year. So for Braves fans, I offer my condolences for the loss of a family member -- I know that's how I felt when Harry died.

No comments: