My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://www.ledger-enquirer.com/bulldogs-blog/
and update your bookmarks.

Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Leslie Staying at Georgia

Just posted a mailbag, so don't forget to scroll down and read that, too. But this needed to get posted immediately after...

From UGA release...

University of Georgia basketball player Travis Leslie will not enter his name as a candidate for the 2010 NBA Draft and will return for the 2010-11 season with the Bulldogs, Leslie announced Wednesday.

"I've decided to return to Georgia for my junior season," Leslie said. "After talking about it with my family and coaches, I believe it's the best decision for me. I enjoy being at Georgia and being part of the Georgia program. I think we have a chance to have a great season next year. Right now, I just want to continue working hard to improve as a player and help us become a great program at Georgia."

Leslie was arguably the most improved in the Southeastern Conference this past season. He averaged 14.8 points per game -- 2nd best on the team and a 6.5-point increase from his freshman year -- and 6.8 rebounds. He ended the season on a high note by scoring a career-high 34 points in an SEC Tournament second-round loss to Vanderbilt. Leslie also led the Bulldogs with a total of 30 dunks, five of which were featured among ESPN's "Top 10 Plays of the Day."

"We're pleased with the progress that Travis has made in the past year and very excited about what his future holds," Georgia head coach Mark Fox said. "He continues to have a very mature approach to things, not just in basketball but in all aspects of his life. We look forward to seeing Travis become the best player he can be."

3 comments:

BigMuddyDawg said...

YES! This has just made my day!

JRL said...

Smart young man.............

Unknown said...

David, I think you should get an intern to transcribe your videos