My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://www.ledger-enquirer.com/bulldogs-blog/
and update your bookmarks.

Thursday, September 10, 2009

Thursday Links (9/10)

Happy Thursday, folks. I'm a little pressed for time, and of course, we have our live chat set for noon, so I'll be brief with the links today.

First, a couple of bits of breaking news:

-- UGA Sports is reporting that Logan Gray took over the first-team offense yesterday and is expected to get the start on Saturday due, in part, to a lingering shoulder issue for Joe Cox.

I have spoken with multiple players who told me that isn't true. While Gray did see increased reps with the No. 1 unit, I'm told it was simply a matter of getting him better prepared for times when he is used on game day and that Joe still took the vast majority of the first-team reps.

Now, it's certainly possible UGA Sports has better sources than I do, but we'll find out for sure when we meet with Mark Richt around 4 p.m. today.

UPDATE: ESPN is now reporting the story about Logan Gray as well. Mark Richt's meeting with reporters is set for 4:15 so we should get confirmation then.

UPDATE: According to Claude Felton, the Georgia associate athletics director, Joe Cox is still the starter against South Carolina. Hope that puts the story to bed, but I'll be interested to hear what Mark Richt says today.

-- There was some indecision yesterday on whether Caleb King would see action this weekend, but I'm told through several sources that King does not expect to play and is still experiencing problems with the hamstring, which has limited him since he first injured it Aug. 12.

So... that's your news fix for the morning, how about some linkage?

-- I have a story in today's Telegraph on the football geneology that prepared Arthur Lynch to make a quick impact at Georgia.

-- The bad feelings between Mark Richt and Carver Columbus' coaches have apparently been put to rest, and Georgia's ban has been lifted.

-- Marc Weiszer writes that Branden Smith figures to be a big part of the Georgia offense going forward.

-- Georgia's offense landed in the always entertaining "others receiving votes" portion of ESPN's Bottom 10.

-- Dawgbone has its forecast for the game posted. I like it, and only a in part because it says nice things about me.

-- Jeff Owens is ahead of his time, really. As this ESPN story says, athletes are moving from blogging to Twitter as their primary means of communicating with fans.

-- But Owens still has a new blog post up getting to know a Georgia player you probably don't know much about.

-- Nick Saban is going to be one rich dude.

-- Mark Richt says this week's game could come down to special teams, and South Carolina has some problems of its own in that area. But kicker Spencer Lanning isn't concerned.

-- Example No. 2,463 that Charlie Sheen is nuts: He's demanding a meeting with Obama to investigate 9/11.

(NOTE: I didn't intend to insinuate that attention focused on 9/11 was wrong, I simply meant it seemed absurd for Charlie Sheen to be doing the investigating. No offense intended, and I sincerely apologize if it seemed otherwise.)

-- And finally, I can't believe some Norwegian bus drive stole the name I was planning for my first-born son! (Oddly, I can only assume if I were to have a kid, he'd look JUST like this guy.)

2 comments:

Silver Dawg said...

If there is even the remotest possibility of you producing a child like that, please abstain for all related activity. And keep your genes zipped up.

allhailuga said...

Thanks David for being an extremely reliable source.

Appreciate your talking to the players.