My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://www.ledger-enquirer.com/bulldogs-blog/
and update your bookmarks.

Friday, January 30, 2009

Stock Up on Wings, Bud Lite and Tumms

As someone pointed out, the Super Bowl is a mere two days away. Because a certain team from Philadelphia didn't make it, I'm boycotting such information, but it occurs to me that some of you may still care about the game.

Of course, this is a Georgia blog, and as longtime readers will know, I never under any circumstances deviate from writing about the Bulldogs exclusively. So it became important to find some UGA ties to the big game, and that's where the always amazing Mr. David McMahon stepped in to help with some great podcasts from 960 the Ref.

-- Check out former Bulldog Kevin Butler discussing his memories of the Bears' Super Bowl win in 1985.

-- Former Georgia and Steelers running back (and savior of my fantasy team for a two-week stretch in 2005) Verron Haynes talks about the Pittsburgh perspective.

-- And the suddenly popular Charley Trippi -- another former Bulldog and the last quarterback to lead the Cardinals to a title -- chats about the Arizona side of the big game.

And for those of you who, like me, are still bemoaning the lack of a Philadephia presence in Tampa, here's a great (and I rarely use that term when discussing columns from this guy) article from ESPN's Rick Reilly on my new hero.

No comments: