My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://www.ledger-enquirer.com/bulldogs-blog/
and update your bookmarks.

Monday, October 27, 2008

Monday Links (10/27)

I had been to New Orleans twice before last weekend. Both times were for Mardi Gras, and both times I drove with friends from Delaware. I'm not sure if I was simply able to recover quicker then or if I just didn't have any responsibilities that prevented me from sleeping for 48 straight hours afterward, but either way, this morning is a perfect reminder that I am getting old. Ugh.

Anyway, some links for the day, then I need more sleep...

-- I have a story in today's paper that, while the defense had some big plays against LSU, the Bulldogs need a better overall effort if they hope to beat Florida.

-- Catfish and Cornbread makes the case that the defense wasn't really that bad.

-- The Florida Times Union says that the national implications of this week's game have added even more spice to an already heated rivalry.

-- Chip Towers blogs about the significance of this week's match up.

-- The AJC's Michael Carvell writes that Aaron Murray's surgery was a success.

-- Georgia is up to sixth in the BCS standings, but more encouraging is that the Dawgs are fourth in the computer rankings. ESPN's Brad Edwards doubts that USC could make the title game over a one-loss SEC team. Problem is, Texas or Penn State will have to lose before that argument matters.

-- Get the Picture breaks down the SEC as we head into the final month of the regular season.

-- The Banner-Herald's Roger Clarkson says the LSU win erases some of the pain of the Alabama loss. I agree on all points, but the problem is this: That Alabama loss could still keep Georgia out of the national title game. Still, the immense improvment in key areas (i.e. both sides of the line, the penalties, creating turnovers) since that loss last month has to be extremely encouraging.

-- While I can't support the violence, it's nice to see college-aged kids finally picking up the newspaper.

-- And get ready for an exciting Tuesday... Taco Bell is giving out free tacos tomorrow!

-- Oh, and finally, this is related to absolutely nothing, but the combination of Chris Berman's awful fake British accent and continued use of lyrics from 30-year-old songs, I'm posting a link to this. Man, I hate Chris Berman.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

While this may be borderline insanity, I hope more for a chance to avenge that loss to Bama with a win in the SEC Championship Game. That would go a long way to making living in Alabama a lot more tolerable.

If we get in to the BCS Title Game with an SECCG win, that's great. If not, at least we'll know we beat every team on our schedule at least once, and I can live with that.

Ben