My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://www.ledger-enquirer.com/bulldogs-blog/
and update your bookmarks.

Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Figgins, Moreno Injury Update

From tight end Bruce Figgins, who is battling a shoulder injury: "It feels good. Not all the way 100 percent, but it feels good. Today, there were no problems with it. I missed no reps in practice."

On his progress during 11-on-11 drills: "Eleven-on-11 went real good. I was able to hold my blocks and get in routes and be physical. I wasn't holding back any getting hit."

On dealing with contact: "I went live on all my drills inside against the defensive line and linebackers, and I went full go on every drill. No problems. Didn't miss a rep or have to see any trainers, nothing like that."

On his chances of playing against Tennessee (he's listed as third on this week's depth chart behind Aron White and Kiante Tripp):
"Right now I feel pretty good, my body feels good, but I'm taking it day by day, getting treatment and seeing trainers and Ron and the doctors, and we'll go from there."

From running backs coach Tony Ball on how Knowshon Moreno has looked in practice following an elbow injury against Alabama: "Thank God we had the open date and it gave him the chance to recover. These last couple days, he hasn't shown any effects of it. We haven't allowed him to get hit, but he hasn't shown any effects of being hampered by it when he is in there working. So we feel good about where he is right now and his health on Saturday."

Ball aslo added that he didn't expect any change on the depth chart behind Moreno, with Caleb King being the first guy off the bench and Richard Samuel No. 3.

"Both Caleb and Richard have done really well, and I've been really pleased with how Caleb has come along and performed in both the running game and protection."

No comments: