My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://www.ledger-enquirer.com/bulldogs-blog/
and update your bookmarks.

Thursday, July 28, 2011

Important blog note

On Friday at 3 p.m. eastern time, we will officially transition to the new blog location, which will be on the platform (i.e., web site) of each paper.

This should NOT cause any hassle to you readers; the current blog will immediately re-direct to the new site, and will do so for awhile.

In the meantime, if you want to start early and bookmark the new site, here it is:


http://www.ledger-enquirer.com/bulldogs-blog/

You'll notice there's nothing there at the moment. Obviously that will change, and I'm going to attempt to cut-and-paste as many of the recent posts as I can.

We figured it was a good time, right before practice starts, to make the transition. You will still have a choice as to whether to read or comment to either the Telegraph or Ledger-Enquirer blog.

Anonymous posting on the new blog sites will be allowed until early next week, when I will - barring major protest - re-institute the requirement that you register in order to comment. (There's a technical reason for having to wait until next week to do it, too complicated to explain.)

All in all, we're hoping this is a very positive step forward for everybody. It makes it easier for me to post, as I can now post the blog once and it goes to both sites, instead of having to post to two different sites. And when I'm able to post quicker, that helps you get the info in a more timely fashion.

The presentation of the new sites is also a bit more professional. The Google blogger platform has served us well, but it was time to get on a company-wide platform. After all, this is a blog that supplements the coverage in the papers.

I'm sure some people will blanch a bit at the change, but just bear with us and trust me that this will be for the best. I'm also thinking of some ways to improve the blogging process this season, and am open to any and all suggestions. Overall, I think things are going well, but there's no reason we can't be better.

So ... onward and upward.

7 comments:

ben said...

Awww...dad...do we have to? I rather like the simple wordpress blog format...

Also, props to whoever posts 'last!' on this blog...

dawgjammin said...

and first on the next blog

TrboDawg said...

I'm sure I'll enjoy the new platform, especially if someone has cleaned up the out dated, dead links :)

Reverend Whitewall said...

Seth, you know you can export your Google blog into an XML file, right? Your I.T. guys may be able to take that and import it into the new sites, rather than having to copy & paste.....could save you a lot of time.

Instructions are easy to find, just google "export blogspot", it'll pop right up.

Seth Emerson said...

Rev, thanks for the note. I'll check into it.

Taylor said...

I just went over to the new sites and saw your picture. You look amazingly like Marky Mark.

Ward said...

Either a weird bug at the Ledger-Enquirer, or it's mad at me for ranting about the "summary" rss feeds.

Regardless, the LE is now locking me out of the entire Sports section, including the blog, unless I register.

Oh, one other recommendation I forgot to mention over there Seth. Unless this blog has been copied over completely to LE with all historical posts and comments, it would be really nice if we could disable the auto-redirect in the short-term. I think the big yellow sticky note should get folks attention just fine. It's a bit frustrating looking for something on the site to only have 6 seconds to search :)