My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
and update your bookmarks.

Sunday, July 10, 2011

Another note on King

According to a source close to Caleb King, the now-former Georgia tailback has decided to enter the NFL supplemental draft. An announcement should come soon from King, who has one year of college eligibility left.

King was ruled academically ineligible on Friday, cutting short his career before the beginning of what would have been his senior year.

The date of the supplemental draft has not been announced yet. But the NFL has said it will go forward with the event despite the lockout.

Former Ohio State quarterback Terrelle Pryor announced last month that he was entering the draft. If a team selects a player, it forfeits its selection in that round during the following year's April draft; in other words, if a team were to pick King in the seventh round, that would be considered its seventh-round selection in 2012. (But King's career can start right away.)

There have only been 40 players selected in the supplemental draft since its inception in 1977. Past supplemental picks have included Bernie Kosar, Brian Bosworth, Cris Carter and Steve Walsh.


Taylor said...

Forgot to mention Paul Oliver, former top UGA corner, now playing safety for the Chargers

Michael said...

Any team that picks him in the supplemental draft is foolish.

At best, put him on a practice squad and see if he can work his way to the real team.

JM said...

he's worth a 6th or 7th round pick